Saturday, June 18, 2011

Smile for Saturday

My grandmother passed away on Thursday. I will miss her deeply, but to be honest, I've been missing her for quite a long time. Her mind was ravaged by Alzheimer's, so she no longer remembered me. I am truly so happy for her since I know she has been restored, and no longer suffers, and I know I will see her again.

This picture made me smile. It was taken almost exactly one year ago. Well, not this picture, but the picture in it. It was the last time I was with my grandma. We walked around the courtyard that afternoon; mom pushed Grandma's wheelchair while I walked alongside. Grandma held my hand so tight the whole time. She couldn't remember me, but I knew she knew me.


When I first saw the picture after getting it transferred from the camera to my laptop, I was bummed seeing that it was a little out of focus. But I treasured it none-the-less, and actually have it framed in a couple of different rooms in our house. Then yesterday, I was looking at the picture and realized something I hadn't before. The focus fell on her clasping my hand. This photo truly captured the moment and what I remember the most from that afternoon in the courtyard. And that made me smile.

1 comment:

DAD CLUCKER said...

STACEY TRULY MEMORABLE THANKS FOR POSTING IT SHE LOVED GOD'S HANDIWORK IN HIS NATURE AND I AM SO GLAD THE LORD ENABLED YOU TO HAVE THIS TIME WITH YOUR GRAMMA

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...