Friday, August 20, 2010

Schuenie Birthday Bash!



 So, I'm sitting here watching "The Price is Right" with my kids (they just discovered it this week), and something clicked with me... I totally forgot to share about the birthday bash we had over a month ago! Haha, oops!!

So, while they are getting a kick out of the crazy, screaming contestants, and trying to figure out why the show gives away cars, bedroom sets, tools, jewelry, etc., I thought I'd post up the photos from the bash.
~~~
Haha! Here I am, about 9 hours later, and nothing posted! To be honest, I will probably come back in 3 hours to finish up! Oh well... :)
~~~
OK... make that 4 hours later! We braved the bugs and walked around Farm Fest for a bit with my aunt and her family. The kids always love going to Farm Festival. The rides, lights, and games are a great treat to end the summer. But that's the hard part: the summer has come to an end. I hate this time of year the most.

BUT, this post is about July 17th! When the summer's end still seemed far off...

So, the day we have the kids' birthday bash was a SUPER hot day. I debated cancelling it, but decided we'd sweat through it. Literally. I think the temps were in the 90s, but felt like they were in the 100s with the heat index. Thankfully, the shelter house at the park was cooler, and had a decent breeze flowing through it! The kids had a blast, and that's what matters!


Robert bought some dry ice for the cooler, and it was a hit with the kids...

The youngest party-goer, Andrew...

Many thanks go out to my friend & my cousin for helping make some cupcakes. Oh, and also the local grocery store! We had a total of 8 dozen cupcakes. That's 96 cupcakes for those of you who don't like math. That's a LOT of cupcakes!

We sang "Happy Birthday" four times...

Poor Caitlin is the only one without a summer birthday, so she had the honors of smashing a cupcake in Daddy's face...
 

And then Daddy told her she could throw a water balloon at Mommy! Then all the kids joined in, and what was supposed to be a water balloon fight amongst kids, ended up being an attack on me! And of course, I was wearing a white sundress!

(excuse the blurry photo - sweet hubby just can't get the hang of my back-button focusing!)


It's piñata time!!
 
Elise got one piece of candy, and couldn't wait to eat it! Forget the fact that there were hundreds more still on the ground!

Party hats from the piñata cones...

We finished up the celebrating with some bubbles and kite flying...

It was a very hot, but very fun day all-in-all. And believe it or not, I think we had the cupcakes all eaten within a couple days. My kids were so sick of cupcakes! They complained when I would tell them cupcakes were the choice of snacks and even breakfast! What kids complains about cupcakes for breakfast? Well, during our birthday season, the Schuenie kids do!!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...