Saturday, August 7, 2010

Sierra is 11!!

 Birthday season is now at an end, and I'm beginning to feel back to normal to blah'g about the last of the birthdays. Well, my birthday hasn't come yet, but for some reason, after celebrating four birthdays in less than three weeks, mine doesn't seem quite so exciting. And don't even say the word cake right now! We've had more than our fill of cake! At least until our January & February birthdays come rolling around!

For Sierra's birthday, she requested brownies and apples for breakfast. Unfortunately, the store wasn't open yet when Robert went to buy apples, so we just had brownies instead.



The kids are sure to include Sniper in all the celebrations! But really, I think they just like the excuse to bring him upstairs ;)

Elise took a couple bites of her brownie and fell back asleep...


I know, they washed their mirror with soap water instead of Windex, but that's OK. I still like this photo of Caitlin & Sniper, and if it really bothers you, don't look at it!. :)


Abby still had some pink highlights in her hair...

We let Sierra open a few little things on the way to church. Yes, that's a napkin her gifts were wrapped in. :)


The kids performed at church that morning. They all did great, and Trevor & Abby really got into the song! Unfortunately, the camera's battery was dead, so Robert had to record the video with his cell phone, but they were a hoot to watch!


After church, Sierra chose Pizza Ranch for lunch.

Afterwards, they all got to spend their birthday money. That was quite the endeavor! But we survived, and the kids were very excited with their purchases. I was really surprised at the amount of thought they all put into their choosing, too. They definitely don't take this sort of thing for granted!

Taking after Mom...



After shopping, we dropped Robert off at home, I made Sierra's cake (not my best cake, I'll admit, but I ran out of icing & time), and we got ready to hit up the pool with some of her friends!
Unfortunately, my memory card was left in my laptop, so I only took a couple photos with my cell phone, but we all had a blast! I even went down the speed slides 5 or 6 times, and tried doing cannonballs off the high dive a few times. Maybe it was a good thing my card wasn't in the camera...

We came home and ate dinner, then had cake, ice cream, and presents!

Caitlin was a helpful wrapper!
Daddy was helping fix Trevor's car while waiting on the presents & cake...
Okay, so here's my cake. I feel like I'm admitting to a crime by showing the cake ;) It's supposed to be a microphone, and I had only half a can of already colored icing left. And I'm just now realizing that Caitlin only put 10 candles on the cake, haha!!
Not sure what to make of her face. I'm thinking she's thinking, 'What on earth is it??'
I think this is her 'A microphone? A blob is more like it!'  laugh ;)
And for being such a trooper about being the only one without a birthday...

Here are her 11 year portraits. She requested a more grown up style. She definitely looks grown up!
(I'm using my watermarked photos because I don't feel like recopying & resizing them again)


I can't believe we've been Sierra's parents for 11 years. It doesn't seem possible that she could be that old. We are so very blessed by her & are so proud of the young woman that she is becoming! She has a big, loving heart & will always be our 'Girly-Bird.'

1 comment:

DAD CLUCKER said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY STACEY THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR ALL THE HARD WORK YOU DO TO MAKE US ALL HAPPY WITH YOUR BEAUTIFUL PHOTOGRAPHY AND YOUR FAMILY I AM GLAD YOU INCLUDED CAITLIN I FELT FOR HER BEING LONE ONE OUT A VERY NICE TOUCH. WE ALL LOVE YOU VERY MUCH GOD BLESS YOU!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...