Saturday, April 10, 2010

An Easter Lesson & Bunches of Pictures

Remember when I said I would post about our Easter and a lesson learned, after posting the kids' spring photos? Well, a week later, the photos are up, and I have a few minutes to throw a post together...

If you know me, you know my line when it comes to any holiday since moving out here, "If it weren't for the kids..."  My heart just hasn't been in the right place. For the most part, anyway. Holidays when we don't have family or friends visiting feel just like any other day - especially when Robert is scheduled to work. I've allowed myself to feel that a holiday spent by ourselves isn't much of a holiday. It hit me a day or two before Easter, after talking to someone about our Easter plans, that my outlook was askew. I had used my line yet again, but this time, I really got to thinking about why I felt that way, and how I needed a change of heart. Spending time with family or friends on holidays is wonderful, and honestly, still quite preferable. But I need to keep my focus where it should be. The reason why I celebrate a holiday. Whether it's celebrating Christ's birth or resurrection, being thankful, or honoring those who have sacrificed for my freedoms, I need to get my heart in the right place.

In the end, our Easter weekend was a pretty enjoyable one. Unfortunately, Robert had to work the whole weekend, but he was able to come to the Good Friday service at church, and we saved the Easter basket/egg search for when he came home Sunday evening.

Our church's annual Easter egg hunt...
(no pics of the actual hunt - the kids all took off at the wrong 'go,' lol)






Coloring eggs...















Kids sang for the church....


The kids and I enjoyed a Happy Meal lunch...




After lunch, we went to Swan Lake to grab some spring shots...

Then had our Easter basket & egg hunt after Daddy was home from work...
(shutter speed was set too slow for all the action, so most are kinda blurry)



Elise found lipstick while we were busy hiding baskets :)






















We thoroughly enjoyed the whole weekend, read the resurrection accounts, watched a couple Easter videos, talked about what Jesus had done for us, and had fun spending time together.

Just the way it should be.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...