Monday, April 19, 2010

...of Parks & Soccer

 The weather in these parts has been amazing! Lots of our time is being spent at parks now-a-days, and it feels wonderful to be out of the house and not freezing to death... at the same time! The only downer, but not enough of one to be a kill-joy, is the fact that showers are now a daily requirement. In the winter, kids can get by on an every-other-day schedule, but not when it's warm and they are out sweating in the dirt. That's kinda gross. :)

Sunday, after church, several families met at a local park. The weather was beautiful, and the kids played hard...



Trevor had his first soccer game this past Saturday, and it was so much fun to watch him! He didn't let the ball get by him once when he was the goalie, and his team finished in the lead, winning their first game! Trevor played hard and well, and I think he LOVED it!!

After the game, Trevor, Elise, and I went to the lake and walked around a bit...

I think it's easier being a great brother when there's only ONE sister around... ;)

Aww...

Trevor picked some flowers for Elise...


Flowers for Mommy...


Trevor came across a walnut that he broke open, brought it to me, and said, "Mom, I really love you."
Love it...

And just a couple shots of spring...



I'm so thankful for spring. Especially now that I have to survive the winters!

2 comments:

sethswifeforlife said...

That's great. Your kids are so cute. My boys love soccer. Such a fun, active, gets them tired sport!!!

sls said...

Thank you! And I agree about soccer! It's been a great outlet for Trevor!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...