Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Can't Believe It! Trevor's 8!

I can't believe our little boy is 8 years old! Well, he's not so little anymore... *sniff*
We're so proud of who he's becoming. He loves Jesus, and has been asking more & more questions lately.
 Trevor always gets praises from his teachers for his hard work, compassion, and friendliness, and most days, he even exhibits those characters at home. As long as he hasn't played any video games for too long and gets a good night's sleep!  
He's also known for his goofy, off-the-wall, out-of-the-blue quips and remarks. His timing is impeccable, and quite hilarious!

Today, I had a dentist appointment, so I brought Trevor along. Afterwards, we took his 8 year portraits and, as always, he was a hoot to shoot! He is a model in the making with all his poses and serious looks!

My favorite. I love his big brown eyes!

And in black & white...


Here are the lyrics to a song that chokes me up every time I hear it:

He sees me in the morning,
Lifting him out of bed.
The sun comes with little warning,
A brand new day's ahead.
To the kitchen for some breakfast,
A plate of toasted bread,
A cup of milk just as expected,
Close your eyes and bow your head.

You can thank Him for anything you want to,
For the flowers and the trees.
And pray, Lord Jesus, make me
A little boy on my knees.

He's Mommy's little helper.
Learning to comb his hair.
And loves his baby sister,
Though he doesn't always share.
A quarter in the bucket,
A memory verse or two,
Although he may not know it,
He's beginning to follow You.
You can thank him for anything you want to,
For your Daddy and for me.
And pray, Lord Jesus, make me
A little boy on my knees.

As we teach our son to serve the Lord in every way,
Lord the most important thing is this that we now pray...
Lord, we thank you everything You give us, but most importantly,
We pray Lord Jesus, make our son a little boy on his knees.
Lord we thank you for everything you give us, but most importantly
We pray, Lord Jesus, make our son,
A little boy on his knees.

We pray that someday he'll become,
A young man on his knees.
 
That's our prayer for Trevor. That he'll grow to be a man on his knees.
Trevor, you're such an awesome kid, and we love you for YOU!
 
Just for the record, the picture set up in the first verse is far from reality in our house! I don't lift him out of bed anymore, and he doesn't eat toast and milk for breakfast at the kitchen table. It's more like me having to sound like a fog horn to wake him up, then chowing down a bowl of generic Fruit Loops or Frosted Flakes while I call out how many minutes until it's time to leave for school. And in all honesty, bowing heads over cereal doesn't usually happen. But God knows our hearts, and He knows we are grateful for the food we eat, even when it's not always expressed outwardly at every single meal. ;)
 
I still have a few days of vacation to blah'g about. Maybe I'll get that done later! Just don't hold your breath...
 

1 comment:

DAD CLUCKER said...

HI STACEY BEAUTIFUL PICTURES OF MY GRANDSON WHAT A BLESSING HE IS. BUT WHERE IS HIS BRONCO ORANGE BICYCLE? THE SONG SOUNDS SO FAMILIAR IS IT WAYNE WATSON? WHAT A GUY?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...